Download Our Employment Application Form (PDF)
Employees are Colgan Air’s biggest asset.
If you prefer a job where no two days are the same and enjoy the excitement of aviation, then Colgan Air could be a great match for you.
Line Service Technician/Aircraft Refueler (Full Time Monday-Friday 1 pm - 9pm)
Line Service Technicians are responsible for fueling, towing and cleaning of aircraft. This is a unique & exciting job opportunity that does not require experience to apply. On the job training provided!
- Performs fueling and de-icing of all types of aircraft in accordance to specific standards
- Directs the movement of aircraft and vehicular traffic on the ramp properly secures all parked aircraft at all times, clean windshields, remove trash, perform lavatory service and check tire pressures as requested
- Drives and services fuel trucks and ground support vehicles, and services aircraft and ground support vehicles with fuel, oil, and all other supplies and materials which may be required by the aircraft or vehicle; responsible for operating and filling of fuel trucks; cleaning, servicing, operating, and performing minor maintenance to this equipment
- Performs grounds keeping and janitorial maintenance duties, and assist with snow removal as required
- Assists all aircraft crews and passengers by courteously providing services they may require
- Assist with daily fuel farm inspections including performing preloading and quality control inspections
- Perform daily and monthly fuel truck safety inspections. Ensure vehicles are in safe operating order and running properly
- Maintain compliance with all FAA, Federal, State, Local and Colgan Air safety policies and procedures
- Shift Schedule: Monday – Friday, 1 pm – 9 pm
- The position is physical, requires hands on work and involves being outside in all elements, all year round.
- Extra hours available.
- Competitive pay, incentives, tips, medical/dental benefits, paid time off, retirement plan etc.
Line Service Technician/Aircraft Refueler (Part Time/Weekends)
Essential Job Functions:
- Line Service Technicians are responsible for fueling, towing and cleaning of aircraft. A one-of-a-kind job!
- This is a unique & exciting job opportunity that does not require experience to apply – On the job training provided
- Perfect for college students to work around their school schedule
- Competitive pay
- Must be able to work weekends and some holidays
- Shift schedules are: 5 am – 1 pm & 1 pm – 9 pm Monday-Friday, 5 am – 1 pm and 1 pm – 7 pm Saturdays and Sundays
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to pass a background check
- Full time positions include medical, dental and life insurance, and retirement plan benefits
How To Apply:
Please submit a completed application to Colgan Air Services, 2709 Fanta Reed Rd., La Crosse, WI 54603 or email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Front Desk Receptionist (Part Time/Weekends)
Colgan Air Services, a family-owned business on the airport, is seeking an enthusiastic, reliable and organized individual to provide outstanding service to our customers! This is a great job for college students as we are flexible with schedules and work around your classes.
Greet customers, answer the telephone and handle incoming fuel requests. Handle the needs of pilots, passengers and crew members. Uphold high standard of quality in workmanship and customer service.
This position works weekends, some holidays and some weekday evenings to cover when employees take time off. Weekday evening shifts are from 3 – 8 pm and weekend shifts are 7 am – 1 pm or 1 pm – 7 pm. Opportunities to work extra hours available.
Essential Job Functions
1. Make customers feel appreciated by giving exemplary customer service.
2. Receptionist duties including directing incoming calls and handling customer requests.
3. Work with and coordinate line service/fuel calls and requests.
4. Maintain security by controlling access to ramp.
5. Computer invoicing of front desk items.
8. Make hotel/car reservations.
9. Arrange catering as needed.
10. Assist customers with service calls as needed.
11. Perform light cleaning duties.
12. Administrative work as assigned.
13. Other duties as assigned.
- Customer service experience desired
- Clerical experience desired
- Good math skills
- Ability to use all office equipment
- Pleasant telephone voice
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Challenger 300 Captain
Colgan Air Services is currently seeking an experienced, highly motivated and hard working Challenger 300 Captain. The full-time position would be a part of a three pilot team operating under Part 91 and Part 135.
The candidate should have extensive knowledge of pilot and flight operations, FAA regulations, Standard Operating Procedures, aircraft flight manuals and other technical data appropriate to aircraft operations.
The ideal candidate would have experience in planning and managing the safe operation of flights in accordance with aircraft and weather limitations, ensuring aircraft is inspected, loaded and equipped properly, and ensuring compliance and adaptation with the demands of a flexible flight schedule when necessary.
Position requires strong communication, flexible work schedule, the ability to travel and conducting oneself in a professional and respectful manner that personifies our company’s values.
FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with Challenger 300 type or equivalent rating, preferred
FAA First Class medical certificate
FCC Radio License
Required Hours of Flight Time:
-4500 Total Fixed Wing
-1000 Jet Time
-Must pass all drug screens, background and security checks and prove eligibility for employment in the United States.
-Excellent listening and problem solving skills.
-Ability to work as part of a team or independently.
-Ability to act under pressure and be adaptable to change on a constant basis.
-Primarily domestic travel but must be able to travel internationally without restrictions.
-Aircraft based out of KLSE. Must relocate to region if necessary.
*Benefits include paid time off, sick time, medical/dental/life insurance, retirement plan and company match